The Fourth of July came to us hot and humid this year!
Ashby is often scared of loud sounds, so she quickly retreated inside when daddy pulled out his annual fireworks purchased from a roadside stand.
This year he bravely let Finley have control of the lighter and fireworks.....yikes!
We finally convinced Ashby to come join us back outside, promising that the noises wouldn't be too loud. Here are her best "I'm ready for the scary loud fireworks" faces.
Sadie was such a sweet sister and lovingly took Ashby close to her to comfort and encourage her.
I love these smiles watching daddy's homegrown fireworks display.
And then time for sparklers! In the interest of bedtime, we have to do them before it gets too dark, but the kids still love running around wielding their sticks of fire.
Ashby was pretty unsure about holding her own sparkler (see her face), and so again Sadie was a sweet older sister and ran right over to help her.
I always delight to see my kids helping and encouraging one another, and this was a heartwarming display of sisterly help and protection.
Happy birthday America!
No comments:
Post a Comment